Thesis Printing & Binding
Before coming to a Media.Doc centre, your thesis must be reviewed by the Graduate Studies Office (GSO). When your thesis has been accepted by GSO with no corrections required, your thesis is ready to submit to New Media Services.
If you would like us to print or photocopy and bind your thesis, please visit one of the Media.Doc locations. You will need the following items:
- A copy of your approved UWSpace: Submission Approved and Archived email containing the identifier URL (i.e. http://hdl.handle.net/...)
- A completed Thesis Binding Form. The form is available at each Media.Doc location and is available for download[PDF].
- Sufficient copies of your thesis which meet your departmental requirements. These requirements include: paper stock, number of copies and whether copies are single or double-sided. If New Media Services is reproducing your thesis, you must let them know what these requirements are. Additional copies will be needed if you require any bound personal copies
- Payment for the binding of your departmental copies as well as any personal copies. (All centers accept WatCard, cash, debit and credit cards, and flex account numbers).
Once we have received the required items, your bound thesis (plus any personal copies) will be sent to your department. Bound versions are available approximately four weeks after the order is placed.
The colour of the cover is dictated by the degree being awarded. A PDF of the colours[PDF] is available.
In addition to binding your thesis, New Media Services offers a number of other services:
- Printing/photocopying your thesis
- Adding pockets to your thesis
- Digitally archiving your thesis to PDF/CD
- If you provided us with a copy of your thesis on CD, we can create duplicate disks
- See the Book Store's Print on Demand Service for printing extra copies of your thesis
PRICING (PER VOLUME)
- Thesis Binding $30.00
- Tyvek Pocket (add) $5.50
- Cloth Pocket (add) $9.00
- CD or Disc Pocket (add) $3.50